Microsoft Outlook is not just known for its extensive emailing utilities but also for many other features such as calendar, task management, scheduling, and contacts management. According to an expert review posted on OmniTechSupport.com, many people use Outlook because of its friendly calendar utility. You can customize your Outlook calendar by colour coding the appointments in it, thus making it more clear, informative and easy to use.
Advantages of colour coding appointments in Outlook Calendar
By way of colour coding the appointments in Outlook calendar, one can organize it inside out. Users can specify their favourite colours for different appointments. There is no doubt that it will be a great help for you to pinpoint the demands of each day just in time. Follow the below given instructions to learn how to colour code your Outlook calendar appointments.
- Launch your Microsoft Outlook application.
- Go to calendar and create a colour system by assigning specific colours for various activities, duties, and tasks. For instance, you can pick red for conferences, blue for management meetings, and yellow for special projects.
- If you intend to use Outlook calendar solely for your personal data management, you can differentiate each entry with different colour.
- Locate an appointment on your Outlook calendar and right click on it. This will display a dropdown menu. Choose Categorize from the list of options.
- Select the colour you want to assign for the particular appointment. This will turn the appointment you have selected into the chosen colour.
- If the chosen appointment is recurring, every time when it appears, it will turn to the specified colour for every entry.
- If you have multiple calendar entries or appointments, you can set a colour-coding system for them as well. For this, click Categorize option that you can locate in the ribbon found above the calendar window.
- Choose the option labelled All Categories followed by New.
- Choose a colour for the category. Similarly, make sure that you name the category.
- When you name the category, make sure that name is applicable to the duties or appointments. This will help you pinpoint them quickly.
Undoubtedly, Outlook is an application that can be stretched, as you like to meet your conveniences. According to OmniTechSupport.com, users can customize Outlook the way they want it to be like. For more assistance on the application, contact Outlook help center.