Files in Windows Vista operating system can be shared by creating a public folder in your computer and placing the items to be shared in that specific folder or directly from your computer. For sharing your files in the Windows Vista run system, you need to turn on the sharing feature in the system so that you will be able to share files in your system. Below we specify simple to-do steps from the Windows Vista help forums for turning on the sharing feature in Vista, so that you can share files easily.
- Move your mouse pointer to the bottom left corner of your desktop and then click on the Start menu.
- Now look for the option named Network and then right click on it.
- Now browse through the dropdown menu and then click on the Properties option to view the network properties of your system.
- When the Property window opens, look for a link named Manage network connections and click on it.
- Now a new window will open, look for your network card’s icon in the window and select the option named Properties from the right-click dropdown menu to open the configuration window.
- Now the system will display many options in the window for you to configure. Put a check mark in the box found beside the label File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and then click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Now click on the OK button that is found in the next window that appears to close the Properties dialog box.
- Now you will be returned to the Control Panel Window.
- Look for the option named Network and Sharing in the Control Panel window and click on it to set the file sharing preferences.
- Now click on the label File Sharing to view the options. To share your files with other users, click on the option named Turn on file sharing and then click on the Apply button found at the bottom of the window to save the changes.