Outlook is a very popular and widely used email client all over the world. Many unique features make it the most liked email client program. Like all the other programs, the Microsoft Outlook program can also encounter some errors and may stop working. Such a situation can be very much frustrating especially when you do not know what to do to get rid of the error. One among the errors that is likely to occur in the Outlook program is “Cannot start Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.” This is one of the common problems that users face after upgrading to the latest version of the Microsoft Outlook program. You may have done the below mentioned procedures to resolve the issue with no luck.
- Collect the error message and log it in Microsoft.beta.o14.client.outlook Forum.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Outlook program without any luck.
- Remove all the Outlook files including the hidden files and those in the Temp folders from the disk and then reinstalling the program.
- Using the /resetnavpane Outlook switch without much use.
- Trying to make changes in the registry to fix the error with the Outlook program.
If you do not know what to do after performing these steps, read ahead to find the fix for this Outlook issue. The steps to resolve the ‘cannot start Outlook’ issue are explained below. You may follow these steps to fix the Outlook errors and make the Outlook program work normally.
- Turn on the computer and navigate to the Documents folder.
- Locate the Outlook Files folder in the Documents folder and delete it.
- Go to Control Panel, open User Accounts and click on Mail.
- In the mail window, delete all the emails that you have set up for the previous email client.
- After doing the above steps, create a new email account and select the default email address.
By performing these simple steps, you will be able to get rid of the errors in the Outlook 2010 program and you can open the program without getting any error messages. If you are unsure of any of the steps, or if you are still facing any technical issues even after doing the above steps, you may contact the Microsoft help and support team.