Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients that are in use these days. This program can be used to manage your email messages, contact information, calendar entries and so on. There can be many important email messages in the Outlook program and it is always recommended to keep a back up of the email messages to prevent loss of data. This can be done very easily by exporting the Outlook PST files.
Outlook program makes use of the PST file to store the email messages, folder structure, attachments, contacts, calendar entries and more. It is very easy to import a backed up PST file in the event of any data loss or system crash. The help with Outlook tips explained below will help you to create a backup of the email messages in the Outlook program.
Steps To Backup The Email Messages To A PST File
- Turn on your computer and launch the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Click on the File tab and then select Import and Export option.
- Click on the Export to a file option followed by the Next button.
- Click on the Personal Folder File (.pst) or the Outlook Data File (.pst) and select the Next button.
- Click to select the top folder, select Include subfolders and then click the Next button.
- Type the name of the folder or browse to the folder where you would like to save the new file and give a name to the file.
- After doing the above steps, click on the Finish button.
Steps To Import The Backed Up PST File
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Click on the File tab and then select the option Import and Export.
- Click on Import from another program or file and then select Next.
- Click on the Personal Folder File (.pst) option and then select Next.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the backup files and select it.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the top folder, select the Include subfolders option and then select Finish.
These are the steps to create a backup of the email messages in the Outlook program and importing the backup to recover the email messages and other data. You can also refer the help with Outlook module in the Microsoft website if you have any doubts.