This article discusses the steps to do the Windows 8 upgrade. If you are a Windows 7 user, you can follow the simple steps that are explained below to upgrade to the latest Windows operating system.
- Download the Windows8 Upgrade Assistant program.
- After the download completes successfully, you can run the Upgrade Assistant program on the Windows 7 computer in which you want to upgrade to Windows 8 OS. In the User Account Control prompt, click on the Yes button to proceed.
- The Upgrade Assistant program will start scanning your computer for all the installed devices and programs. After a few minutes, you will be able to see the compatibility report. You can click on See compatibility details button to see all the compatible and incompatible devices and programs.
- Click on the Next button. Here the user can select what to keep during the upgrade process. If you are upgrading from Windows 7 operating system, you will be able to keep all the installed programs that are compatible, Windows settings, and personal files. After that, choose Windows settings, apps and personal files, and then click on the Next button to continue.
- In the next screen, you have to order your Windows 8 Pro upgrade license. You can click on the OK button to proceed.
- Select Windows DVD option in the next screen if you wish to purchase the upgrade DVD by providing more money. You can click on the Checkout button to continue.
- The Upgrade Assistant program will connect you to the Microsoft Store and will ask you to give the billing address. Type in your name, email address, and then select the Next button. Ensure that the information that you provide here matches with the billing address for the payment that you are going to use. Select the Next button to proceed.
- Select the payment method, type in the necessary information and then select the Next button.
- Check the box named I agree to the terms and conditions, type in the promo code if you have one, and then select Buy to get your Windows 8 upgrade product key. If you wish to print out the receipt, you may click on View receipt and then select the Print button.