Windows XP is one of the most popular operating systems in the world, and is used by millions of people all over it. It offers a simple user interface that is easy to operate. Virus infections are common in Windows XP computers as they are constantly targeted by hackers all over the world due to its popularity. In order to resolve the issues in a Windows XP computer affected by viruses, follow this set of simple instructions.
Instructions to do some computer repair work
• First of all, perform a Windows Update operation in your computer, in order to ensure that the system contains the latest security patches released by Microsoft. Click on the “Start” button located in the lower left corner of your computer screen, and then select the “Programs” option from the Start Menu. Open the Windows Update window and then update the system. Make sure that the computer is connected to the internet.
• Use a reputed antivirus tool like AVG, Norton or Avast. Most of these programs are available for free, and also update themselves quite regularly. Install these tools and then reboot your computer.
• Update your antivirus program so that it is up to date. Launch it in your computer, and then click on the “Update” button.
• Reboot the system, and before the Windows XP logo is displayed on the screen, press the “F8” key. Choose the “Safe Mode” option from the Windows Advanced Options menu. Optimum performance is guaranteed in safe mode since only the core files are loaded into the computer.
• Start the antivirus program on your computer, and then perform a full system scan. Make sure this scan covers every file, drive partition and hard disk data available, as viruses are capable of spreading to almost anywhere on the hard disk. Once the scan is finished, the antivirus tool will either remove all the threats automatically, or it will display the list of viruses that have been detected by the tool. The user can then remove these threats from the system.
• If you think that the viruses have not been completely removed from the system, then it is recommended that you install another antivirus tool on your computer and run a full system scan.
Follow this set of simple and easy instructions in order to do some computer repair in your XP system, if it becomes infected with viruses.