Have you heard the news that the Microsoft is going to shut down its popular Messenger application? Yes, they are pretty serious! Microsoft is planning to shut down this program by March this year. Quite a poignant moment for me for my first chat was through this messenger service. However, when Facebook and other social networking websites became popular, I too stopped using it. Now, I rely on Skype for chatting and with that one is able to make video calls with friends and family.
There is little doubt that Microsoft chat was one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the world. However, after the introduction of Facebook chat, Skype and Google chat, people began to use this less often. So, the Microsoft chat software on your computer my need to be uninstalled in view of these developments and anyway, it is certainly going to free up some valuable space! Microsoft support provides instructions for users to remove the software from their computer.
You can try the following instructions to remove the Microsoft Messenger program from your computer.
Steps to Follow
• First of all, click the start button that you can see on the bottom left corner of your desktop. This opens the start menu and from the start menu, you have to select Control Panel.
• Among the various options in the control panel, select Add or Remove program tab. Now a window opens, which displays a list of all programs installed on your computer.
• Navigate through the list of programs to locate Microsoft Messenger from the list.
• Once you found the messenger program from the list, click on the program to select it.
• After you select the program, click on the Remove button that you can find on the bottom of the window.
• Then follow the instructions displayed on the screen to remove the Program completely from your computer. Once the program is uninstalled, click Finish.
• To close the Add or Remove Software window, click on the red X that you can find on the top right corner of the window.
• Then restart your computer to bring the changes that you have made into effect.
The above instructions are helpful to uninstall and remove the Microsoft Messenger from your computer. Contact Microsoft support for more assistance about any problems regarding Microsoft Messenger.