Have you heard of the Outlook Express email client? If you are using the Windows operating system on your computer and use email services for personal and business purpose, here is good news for you. The talk is all about the Microsoft Outlook Express, which comes in default with your Windows operating system. If you start using the Outlook email service, you will be excited to see the facilities it has to provide. Besides carrying out the normal send-and-receive email actions, you can manage your saved messages, organize the calendar and contacts, and maintain your schedule effectively by setting up alarms.
You will understand the simplicity and fast access you can have using this email facility. All you need to do is bring some Outlook setting to set up an account and start using it. The steps given below will help you to set up an Outlook account for yourself.
Follow these Steps
• Click on the Start menu and go to All Programs option. Select Outlook Express from the list of displayed programs to launch it.
• Click on Tools tab located at the top of the Outlook main page, and select Accounts. Launch the Internet Connection Wizard window by clicking on Add and then the Mail buttons.
• Enter a name that will appear in your emails, and proceed to the next step by clicking on Next. The Internet E-mail Address page will appear; enter your email address on it, and click Next.
• You need to set the incoming and outgoing mail servers for your account. For work email, if you have no idea about the mail server, contact the tech support of your company to get the information. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will provide the server details for other types of account, and after getting that, click the Next button.
• Enter the name of your account and the password in the Internet Mail Logon page, and check the box labeled Remember password. Click the Next button and complete the configuration process by clicking on the Finish button.
• In the Internet Accounts window, click on the button marked as Properties and again select the tab labeled Servers. Check the box beside the label My server requires authentification and bring the necessary Outlook setting into effect by clicking OK the button.
Your Outlook Express account is set and ready to use the email service. Get in touch with the Outlook help team for further help.