While creating an Xbox live account, users are also asked to create a Windows Live ID. Users do not have to do much other than entering the email ID and the password. This Windows Live ID lets the users access the account settings in Xbox.com. Apart from that, the Windows Live ID lets the user to change the game tag to another console. There are chances of forgetting the password and the email id for the Windows Live ID over time. In case you have come across such issues, here are some easy do-it-yourself instructions from support guides of Omni tech guides to retrieve the email and password.
- Turn On the console and Sign In to the Xbox Live account.
- Press the Guide button on the console to bring up the Home Menu on the console.
- In the pop-up menu, you would find the Settings tab, scroll down to the same.
- From the resulting list of settings, choose Account Management with the help of the console. With this, the account management screen will open, closing the pop-up menu.
- From the Account Management menu, choose the Windows Live Id with the console.
- From the right hand pane of the resulting menu, save the Windows Live ID Email Address.
- On the computer, open the Xbox.com page. Select the link that says Sign in, which is located to the top right corner of the page.
- This leads you to the page where you can sign in with the Windows Live ID.
- Click on the blue link that says Forgot My Password. This would lead you to the page, which would allow you to retrieve the Windows Live ID password.
- Into the corresponding text fields, enter the Email Id after which you have to type the Security Characters and then click on Continue.
You have two options to reset the password. You can change the password from the link sent to your email id, or by answering the security question. When you choose to reset via email, a link will be sent to your email. When you click on the link, it leads you to the page where you can put in a new password for the Windows Live ID. On the other hand, when you choose to reset the password by answering the security question, the actual password would be disclosed to you.
The support guides from Omni tech support desk advice you to go with the second option, as it would retain the original password as such.